Altera’s commitment to low-power, restricted space, extended temperature, and low-cost application development is on display with the improved zero-power MAX® IIZ CPLDs. Zero-power MAX IIZ CPLDs offer the same non-volatile, instant-on advantages found in the low-cost MAX II CPLD family and are applicable to a wide range of functions and applications (see Figure 1).
Figure 1. MAX IIZ Application Areas
Zero standby power
Ultra-small, easy-to-use package
Instant-on, non-volatile advantage
Commercial (0 to 85°C) and industrial (-40 to 100°C) temperature ranges
In-system programmability (ISP)
Free Quartus® II and ModelSim®-Altera® Web Edition software
Zero Power, Small Form Factor, and Low Cost
Manage power effectively, save PCB real estate, and design feature-packed, battery-powered applications with MAX IIZ CPLDs:
- Low power consumption—as low as 25 µA. With the industry’s lowest dynamic and static power consumption, MAX IIZ devices can meet the needs of the most demanding battery or low-power applications.
- Ultra-small, easy-to-use packages—as small as 5 mm x 5 mm. MAX IIZ CPLDs provide up to 6x the density and 3x the I/O resources in the same package sizes as traditional macrocell-based CPLDs. This means you can pack greater functionality into a smaller PCB space.
- Greater logic integration at a lower price. MAX IIZ CPLDs help you deliver feature-rich portable products at competitive prices.
Start Designing with MAX IIZ CPLDs Today
- Download free design examples
- Learn more about the benefits of MAX IIZ CPLDs in portable applications
- Learn about the MAX IIZ low-cost demo board
- Download free Quartus II software
- Watch the "Upgrade Your System’s Resistive Touch Screen to Multi-Touch" webcast
- AN 114: Designing with High-Density BGA Packages for Altera Devices (PDF)
Stay Informed—Subscribe to Product Update Emails