SoC FPGA Virtual Target with FPGA-in-the-Loop Extension Enables Device-Specific Embedded Software Development Targeting SoC FPGAs
San Jose, Calif., March 26, 2012—Altera Corporation (NASDAQ: ALTR) will showcase its latest embedded solutions at ESC DESIGN West 2012. Attendees visiting Altera's booth #1816 will learn about the company's SoC FPGAs, which integrate a dual-core ARM® Cortex™-A9 processor into a 28-nm FPGA, and discover how they can get started now developing application software targeting this new class of device using the Altera SoC FPGA Virtual Target. Demonstrations in Altera's booth include a variety of FPGA-based embedded systems in the areas of video processing, H.264 video compression, music synthesis and image processing with multifunction printers. Altera will also showcase supporting technologies, including its latest embedded tools that simplify the design and development of FPGA-based embedded systems, along with a look into the future with upcoming technologies such as optical FPGA interconnect and OpenCL for FPGAs.
What: Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) DESIGN West
When: Tuesday, March 27 to Thursday, March 29
Where: Booth #1816 – McEnry Convention Center, San Jose, Calif.
Altera's In-Booth Demonstrations:
- SoC FPGA Virtual Target with FPGA-in-the-Loop extension – SoC FPGA Virtual Target running Linux, VxWorks and Micrium uC/OS operating systems. Also see SoC FPGA Virtual Target performing application debug using common tools (GNU tools, the ARM Development Studio 5 (DS-5™) and the Lauterbach TRACE32® debugger).
- Altera's OpenCL for FPGAs program – high-performance hardware acceleration with lower power and faster time to market.
- Qsys system integration tool – save design time and improve productivity by automatically generating interconnect logic to connect IP functions and subsystems.
- Optical FPGA technology demonstration – shows how optically interconnected programmable devices can significantly increase interconnect bandwidth while reducing overall system complexity, power, and price.
- System Console system-level debug tool – enables debug of custom logic in the FPGA
- In-booth presentations include a series of discussion topics from "Introduction to Programmable Logic" to the latest on Altera's OpenCL for FPGA program.
- Embedded system demonstrations showing FPGAs being used today in applications.
- Video algorithms in FPGA from System Level Solutions
- Low-latency H.264 CODEC from Jointwave LLC
- Camera-based music synthesizer from Terasic
- High-performance image processing for multifunction printers from HCL Technologies
Sponsored Session with Micron:
Educating designers on the potential uses and benefits of FPGAs, Altera is teaming with Micron Technologies in sponsored sessions on improving error resilience in embedded memory systems using 32-bit ECC, an increasingly important aspect in today's embedded systems. The session is titled "Making SoC FPGA- Based Memory Systems More Resilient to Soft Errors Through Detection and Correction" and will take place the following days and times:
Date & Time: March 27 at 4:30 p.m. and March 28 at 12:00 p.m.
Location: Room K
For additional information on Altera's participation at ESC Silicon Valley, visit http://www.altera.com/education/events/northamerica/evt-esc.html
Altera programmable solutions enable system and semiconductor companies to rapidly and cost-effectively innovate, differentiate and win in their markets. Find out more about Altera's FPGA, CPLD and ASIC devices at www.altera.com. Follow Altera via Facebook, RSS and Twitter.
ALTERA, ARRIA, CYCLONE, HARDCOPY, MAX, MEGACORE, NIOS, QUARTUS, STRATIX and all other words that are identified as trademarks are, unless noted otherwise, Reg. U.S. Pat. & Tm. Off. and/or trademarks of Altera Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. All other product or service names are the property of their respective holders.