Whether your targeted market is communications, consumer, computing, industrial, or military, MAX® V CPLDs are the right choice for control path applications (Table 1) requiring low cost and low power. Featuring a unique, non-volatile architecture and one of the industry’s largest density CPLDs, MAX V devices provide robust new features at up to 50 percent lower total power compared with competing CPLDs.
New features offered by MAX V CPLDs include:
- Logic element (LE) RAM, digital phase-locked loop (PLL), oscillator, 1.2-V LVCMOS, and LVDS output support
- Prices starting under $1
- Lower total system cost due to the architecture that integrates more external functions that were previously implemented in discrete logic ASSPs
- Lower total bill of materials (BOM) costs as the device requires as few as one power supply (Vcc-core)
- Green packaging technology, with packages as small as 20 mm2
- Extended battery life with static power as low as 45 µW
These new features allow you to integrate multiple control path applications onto a single device. With its mix of low price, low power, and high performance features, Altera’s MAX V CPLDs deliver the market’s best value.
|Table 1. Top Five CPLD Control Path Applications|
|I/O expansion (PDF)||Perform I/O decoding, efficiently increasing the available I/O capability of another standard device at a low cost.|
|Interface bridging (PDF)||Translate bus protocols and voltages between incompatible devices at the lowest possible cost.|
|Power management control (PDF)||Manage the power-up sequencing and monitoring of other devices on the board.|
|Configuration and initialization control (PDF)||Control the configuration or initialization of other devices on the board.|
|Analog control (PDF)||Digital control of analog standard devices (light, sound, or motion) via pulse-width modulator (PWM) without needing a digital-to-analog converter (DAC).|