With its mix of low price, low power, and new features, our MAX® V CPLDs deliver the market's best value. Featuring a unique, non-volatile architecture and one of the industry's largest density CPLDs, MAX V devices provide robust new features at up to 50 percent lower total power compared to competitive CPLDs.
MAX V devices are ideal for general-purpose and power sensitive designs in a wide variety of market segments and applications, including:
|End Market||Design Applications|
|Wireline and wireless||I/O expansion|
|Industrial and military||Interface bridging (i.e. between different voltage and I/O standards)|
|Consumer||Power management control, sequencing, or monitoring|
|Computer and storage||Configuration control (i.e. of FPGAs, flash memories)|
|Broadcast||Initialization control (i.e. of DSPs, processors)|
|Automotive||Analog control (via pulse-width modulator)|
Your Best CPLD Value
When you integrate MAX V devices into your designs, you'll enjoy lower total system cost because the MAX V architecture integrates previously external functions, such as flash, RAM, oscillators, and phase-locked loops. In many cases, MAX V CPLDs deliver more I/Os and logic per footprint at the same price as competitive CPLDs. The devices also use low-cost and green packaging technology, with packages as small as 20 mm2.
Lower Total Power
With MAX V CPLDs, you'll get robust new features at up to 50 percent lower total power vs. other equivalent-density CPLDs on the market.
- Extended battery life with static power as low as 45 uW
- As few as one power supply (Vcc-core) required, which also lowers bill of materials (BOM) costs
Built on a mature and low-cost wafer fab process, MAX V CPLDs leverage a proven architecture while delivering robust features including:
- Digital PLLs (DPLLs), which enable flexible implementation of designs requiring frequency multiplication or phase shifting
- In-system programming (ISP), which lets you program the device while it is in operation, so you can perform in-field updates without affecting overall system operation
- User flash memory, embedded flash memory that provides non-volatile memory storage of critical system information
Easy-to-use Design Software
MAX V CPLDs are supported by Quartus® II software v10.1 (or later). With Quartus II software, you'll get productivity enhancements resulting in faster simulation, faster board bring-up, and faster timing closure. This software release also comes with a new system-level integration tool called Qsys. Compared to its predecessor, SOPC Builder, Qsys delivers nearly double the performance while also enabling you to design at a higher level of abstraction.