To help kick-start your next-generation design using Stratix III FPGAs, take advantage of Altera's Stratix III FPGA Development Kit based on the EP3SL150F1152 device.
Stratix III FPGA family variants include:
- Stratix III L variants are FPGAs optimized for logic-rich applications, with a higher ratio of logic to digital signal processing (DSP) and memory.
- 47,500 to 338,000 equivalent logic elements (LEs)
- 1,836 to 17,208 Kbits of memory
- 288 to 1,104 user I/O pins
- 216 to 576 18x18 multipliers
- Stratix III E variants are FPGAs that have a higher ratio of DSP and memory to logic for compute-intensive applications.
- 47,500 to 254,400 equivalent LEs
- 5,328 to 14,688 Kbits of memory
- 288 to 960 user I/O pins
- 384 to 896 18x18 multipliers
Tables on the Stratix III FPGA Overview page show the device options available in the Stratix III L and Stratix III E variants.
Designing Stratix III FPGAs with Quartus® II software delivers the #1 performance and productivity for high-density, high-performance, and low-power FPGA designs. Quartus II software allows you to exceed your performance goals, complete your design faster, and meet power budgets for your next-generation system designs by taking full advantage of Stratix III FPGA device benefits. For details on Quartus II development tools, and to obtain a copy of the latest version of the software, visit the Quartus II software web pages.
Altera and members of its intellectual property (IP) partnership program also provide IP cores and reference designs that you can use to accelerate the design of Stratix III FPGAs. You can download the cores and use them in software and hardware prior to purchase, allowing you to evaluate features and performance. To find out more about these IP cores, visit the IP MegaStoreTM website.
For further details on purchasing Altera® devices, software, and IP cores, contact your local Altera sales representative or Altera distributor.
|Altera Sales Offices||Distributors and Representatives|