Begin developing your application software today on the Altera® SoC Virtual Target. Based on proven virtual prototyping technology, the SoC Virtual Target is a a PC-based fast functional simulation of an embedded development system for Altera's Cyclone© V and Arria® V SoCs. Using the Virtual Target, you can start your project early, create device-specific production software, and later move that software to your hardware platform with minimum effort.
- Learn more about the SoC Virtual Target
- Contact your local Altera sales representative to get an evaluation of the SoC FPGA Virtual Target
- Get the latest product documentation on the Arria V SoC
- Get the latest product documentation on the Cyclone V SoC
- Register to receive automatic product updates by email by contacting your local sales representative
The hardware design flow for the Altera SoC includes configuring the hard processor system (HPS) and adding logic to the FPGA portion of the device. The Qsys system integration tool, part of the Quartus® II design software, performs both tasks. Qsys automatically generates an optimized network on a chip (NoC) within the FPGA, including interfaces to the HPS, to create a custom system on a chip (SoC).
- Learn about the Qsys system integration tool
- Learn about the Quartus II design software
- Download the Quartus II design software (includes Qsys)
SoCs leverage the rich ARM® embedded software ecosystem including operating systems, middleware, and software development tools.
- Learn more about the embedded software tools available for SoCs with the integrated ARM CortexTM-A9 MPCoreTM processor