Altera’s powerful development tools let you create custom systems on a programmable chip, making FPGAs the platform of choice. When you think embedded, think FPGAs, think Altera. Here’s why:
- Increase productivity—Whether you are a hardware designer or software developer, we have tools to provide you with unprecedented time and cost savings.
- Protect your software investment from processor obsolescence—Altera's embedded solutions protect the most expensive and time consuming part of your embedded design—the software.
- Scale system performance—Increase your performance at any phase of the design cycle by adding processors, custom instructions, and hardware accelerators, and by leveraging the inherent parallelism of FPGAs.
- Reduce cost—Reduce your system costs through system-level integration, design productivity, and a migration path to high-volume HardCopy® ASICs.
- Establish a competitive advantage with flexible hardware—Choose the exact processor and peripherals for your application. Altera provides a broad portfolio of embedded processors consisting of soft processor cores for use in any FPGA and specific FPGA families with integrated hard processor systems. Deploy your products quickly, and feature-fill over time to accelerate your time-to-market and establish a competitive advantage.
Soft processor cores
- Nios® II 32-bit processor
- ARM® CortexTM-M1 32-bit processor
- Freescale® ColdFire V1 32-bit processor
- MIPS®-compatible MP32 processors
FPGA families with integrated hard processor systems