Evaluate the Nios® II processor tools and intellectual property (IP) and develop software for free. When you are ready to ship your product, you must purchase a Nios II IP core license. This royalty-free license never expires and allows you to target your processor design to any Altera® FPGA, so that your software investment is preserved even if the underlying hardware changes. To get started, follow these steps:
The Nios II Embedded Design Suite (EDS) is available for free and is included with the Quartus® II software download from Altera’s download center. Download software from the Altera site.
When you download the Nios II EDS, you get the following tools and software:
- Nios II Software Build Tools for Eclipse
- NicheStack Network Stack, Nios II Edition
- Micrium’s uC/OS II Evaluation Edition
Qsys system integration tool and Modelsim®-Altera software are installed as part of Quartus II software.
- Build your applications and evaluate the Nios II standard and fast cores using the OpenCore Plus Evaluation feature. You do not need to purchase a license for the Nios II Economy core.
- Many reference designs and tutorials are included with the Nios II EDS. Additionally, training is available on the web and in instructor-led courses. Learn more about the training offered for designing with the Nios II processor.
Purchase a license for the Nios II processor IP core and related products.
Nios II Processor IP
Get a license file for the Nios II processor, non-time-limited use, by purchasing a stand-alone Nios II processor core license (ordering code: IP-NIOS) or as part of the Embedded IP Suite (IPS-EMBEDDED).
Learn more about Nios II processor licensing.
Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS
To obtain a license for the Micrium MicroC/OS-II RTOS, contact Micrium today. The Nios II processor is supported by a wide range of embedded software partners.
Learn more about our embedded software partners.