This page allows you to get a license file, set up a license, solve a license problem, change license information, and learn about software and intellectual property (IP) licensing options.
Get and Manage Licenses
If you have a license that is on active maintenance or has a maintenance expiration date after January 1, 2009, please log on to the new Self-Service Licensing Center to get and manage your software and/or IP licenses.
- Video tutorials (1-minute how-to videos)
The Self-Service Licensing Center allows you to:
- View and create software and IP licenses
- Rehost your license
- Assign users
- Apply a renewal
- Activate products
- Split seats
- Manage multiple administrators
Get Legacy Licenses
Get the license file for Altera® software, IP, and development kits with a maintenance expiration date before January 1, 2009 at our Legacy License Generator page.
Set Up a License
- Quartus® II Software Web Edition
- T-guard-based (dongle) license
- NIC-based (network card) license
- Floating license server on Windows
- Floating license server on Linux/Solaris
Solve a License Problem
Use the licensing troubleshooter to solve Quartus II, ModelSim®-Altera, and DSP Builder software licensing problems.
For other troubleshooting tips, refer to Altera Software Installation and Licensing (PDF).
Change License Information
For the following requests, file a mySupport request:
- Transfer a license to a coworker
- Rehost a license on a new server
- Change license features
- Renew an expired license
Learn About Software and IP Licensing Options
- Table of license options and products shows which types of licenses are available for different software, IP, and development kits.
- Software Subscription Advantage describes the benefits of a software subscription.
- Quartus II Software: Subscription and Web Edition Comparison provides a detailed table that lists the differences between the Quartus II software Subscription and Web Edition versions.
- Frequently Asked Questions lists common questions about licensing.