Altera delivers all intellectual property (IP) cores, including the Nios® II embedded processor, as a MegaCore IP library that is built into the Quartus® II software. The portfolio includes IP for protocol and memory interfaces, digital signal processing (DSP), embedded processors, and related peripherals. All the IP cores have been thoroughly tested and verified on hardware to provide you the assurance that they will work well together in your system.
Best-in-Class IP Cores
The MegaCore IP library includes four new best-in-class IP cores supported in Quartus II software v13.1. The best-in-class IP cores have been architected to deliver the highest performance, lowest latency, and smallest resource utilization in the industry. The best-in-class IP cores are:
- Ultra low latency 100G Interlaken IP core
- Low latency 100G Ethernet IP core
- Low latency 40G Ethernet IP core
- Low latency 10G Ethernet IP core
Sneak Peek: Industry’s only 400 Gbps Ethernet Data Processing IP
See how Altera’s next generation of IP cores support the demanding traffic requirements of next-generation system designs. Watch the video now!
|Read the Supercharging Design Performance and Productivity with Altera FPGAs and Best-in-Class IP White Paper (PDF) to learn how Altera’s Generation 10 FPGAs and best-in-class IP can simplify your design and shorten your time to market.|
Want to Learn More?
- View the full list of IP from Altera and its partners from the Altera IP catalog or online product selector guide
- Read the Maximize System Performance and Productivity with IP Solutions (PDF) brochure to learn more about Altera's IP design flow and how our complete solutions can help you achieve a competitive edge
Altera's free OpenCore Plus IP evaluation feature allows you to perform the following actions with all licensed Altera® IP cores and many partner IP cores:
- Simulate the core performance and functionality within your system
- Verify the IP independently or within an entire design to quickly evaluate resource utilization and timing closure
- Generate time-limited device programming files for designs that incorporate MegaCore functions or partner IP
- Program a device and verify the design in hardware
See Application Note 320: OpenCore Plus Evaluation of Megafunctions (PDF) for a complete description and guide to using the OpenCore Plus IP evaluation feature.
Purchasing and Licensing
No license keys are required for OpenCore Plus IP evaluation of Altera IP cores. Third-party IP cores are delivered by the partner for evaluation with the appropriate license key.
Altera licenses MegaCore functions on a per-seat, perpetual basis. The license fee includes first-year maintenance and support. You must renew the maintenance contract to receive updates, bug fixes, and technical support beyond the first year.
You must obtain a full license for the Altera MegaCore IP core or Nios II soft processor core to generate programming files that you may use for an unlimited time. To obtain a license file, visit the Self-Service Licensing Center or contact your local Altera representative.
- Legal Notice—Altera's MegaCore License Agreement governs the installation and use of all MegaCore IP, including the Nios II soft processor. The Software Subscription License Agreement governs the installation and use of the Quartus II design software and the rest of the Altera IP catalog, including Qsys components.