Table 1 lists the operating system (OS) support for the Altera® Complete Design Suite tools, which includes Quartus® II Subscription Edition software, Quartus II Web Edition software, ModelSim®-Altera Edition software, ModelSim-Altera Starter Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite (EDS), DSP Builder and Altera SDK for OpenCL.
Table 1. OS Support for Altera Complete Design Suite Version 14.0 (1)
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5||Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
||Windows Server 2008 R2 (4)|
|Quartus II Subscription Edition software||
|Quartus II Web Edition software||
|ModelSim-Altera Edition software||
|ModelSim-Altera Starter Edition software||
|Nios II EDS||
|Quartus II Stand-Alone Programmer||
|SoC Embedded Design Suite||
|Altera SDK for OpenCLTM *||
- Starting with ACDS v14.0, Altera software only supports 64-bit versions of the OS listed in Table 1, unless specified.
- The 32-bit library files are required to run the software on Linux 64-bit platforms.
- All SoC EDS components are supported for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6, excluding ARM® Development Studio 5 (DS-5TM). DS-5 is not officially supported for RHEL 6. Workarounds are needed for some installations. Please refer to ARM DS-5 release notes for details.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise only
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit are supported.
For more information about software system requirements, refer to the following pages:
- Quartus II Subscription Edition Software page
- Quartus II Web Edition Software page
- Release notes and readme.txt files for ModelSim-Altera software in Table 2
- Nios II Embedded Design Suite Legacy Tools page
- DSP Builder page
For information about system memory requirements for designs targeting different Altera device architectures, refer to the Quartus II Software Device Support Release Notes (PDF).
For detailed information about the ACDS, refer to the Quartus II software readme.txt files in Table 2.
Table 2 lists the release notes and readme.txt files for current and past Quartus II software versions along with the corresponding ModelSim-Altera software versions.
OpenCL and the OpenCL logo are trademarks of Apple Inc. used by permission by Khronos.
* Product is based on a published Khronos Specification, and has passed the Khronos Conformance Testing Process. Current conformance status can be found at www.khronos.org/conformance.