Industrial Ethernet Design Made Easy – No Up-Front License Fees. No Royalty Reporting.
Industrial Ethernet is becoming the dominant technology in factory automation, programmable logic controller (PLC), and motor control designs. However, Industrial Ethernet implementation is changing, moving to a deeply embedded function as shown in Figure 1. At the same time, you are faced with designing for a number of worldwide standards.
By using our FPGAs with fully supported Industrial Ethernet functions and our simplified licensing structure, you can support all of your required protocols and redirect your resources for a more cost-effective design.
Figure 1. Industrial Ethernet Moves from Modules to an Integrated Chip Function
Embed a Flexible, Low-Cost Industrial Ethernet Function with FPGAs
To give you easy access to all the top and fully tested Industrial Ethernet protocols, Altera has teamed up with Softing Industrial Automation GmbH, the world leader in Industrial Ethernet intellectual property (IP) protocols.
Combining Altera’s integrated FPGA with Softing’s IP and software stack provides an easy and inexpensive way for you to develop Industrial Ethernet and fieldbus connectivity platforms. Save time and BOM cost with:
- No license negotiation
- No up-front licensing costs
- No per-unit royalty reporting
Industrial Networking Partner Program
Altera works with a range of partners in industrial automation to provide additional design options. Our Industrial Networking Partner Program (INPP) provides an ecosystem of established networking experts that enable you to evaluate various Cyclone® IV and V FPGA Industrial Ethernet and fieldbus solutions on a common hardware platform. These partners provide OpenCore Plus IP, reference designs, and design services to meet your network communication and FPGA development needs.
- Webcast: Simplifying Industrial Ethernet Design
- White paper: Support All Industrial Ethernet Standards on Your Next Drive Design (PDF)
- Industrial Ethernet overview (PDF)
- Automation World: Why Drive-on-Chip Will Make Ethernet The Manufacturing Network
- White paper: A Flexible Solution for Industrial Ethernet (PDF)
- Video: Three Ways to Quickly Adapt to Changing Ethernet Protocols
- Industrial Networking Partner Program
- Industrial overview