Solution ID: rd07222008_677
Last Modified: Sep 11, 2012
Product Category: Devices
Product Area: Programming (CPLD/Config Dev)
Product Sub-area: Programming Software
Device Family: MISC
How do I generate a Serial Vector File (SVF) in Quartus II software?
To generate an SVF file in Quartus® II software, follow the steps below:
- Open the Quartus II programmer and add a .sof / .pof file into the programmer window.
- Select the File Menu then select Create/Update within this menu choose Create JAM, SVF, or ISC File.
- Input a file name for your SVF file output.
- In the File Format drop-down select Serial Vector File (SVF) as your output file type.
- Press ok to generate your SVF file.
- Why can I not access my serial configuration device after the Arria II GX device that it is connected to has been configured using a Serial Vector Format (SVF) file?
Altera does not warrant that this solution will work for the customer's intended purpose and disclaims all liability for use of or reliance on the solution.