You can perform a functional simulation of a Cadence Composer schematic with the Verilog-XL simulator before compiling your project with the
To functionally simulate a Composer schematic, follow these steps:
- Be sure to set up your working environment correctly, as described in Setting Up the
MAX+PLUS II/Cadence Working Environment.
- Create a Composer schematic and save it in your working directory, as described in Creating Composer Schematics for Use with MAX+PLUS II Software.
- In Composer, select Simulation from the Tools drop-down list.
- Select Verilog-XL to start the Verilog-XL Integration Control window.
- When you are ready to compile the project, generate an EDIF netlist file <design name>.edf with the altout utility, as described in Converting Composer Schematics into MAX+PLUS II-Compatible EDIF Netlist Files with the altout Utility.
- Process the <design name>.edf file with the MAX+PLUS II Compiler, as described in Compiling Projects with MAX+PLUS II Software.
Did this information help you?
If no, please log onto mySupport to file a technical request or enhancement.
Altera does not warrant that this solution will work for the customer's intended purpose and disclaims all liability for use of or reliance on the solution.