MAX+PLUS® II software is intended only to support legacy designs. MAX+PLUS II software does not support MAX® II CPLDs, Cyclone®, Arria®, or Stratix® series FPGAs, or any newer devices.
Quartus® II software is Altera’s primary development software and supports Altera’s newest device families and most older device families. Download the free Quartus II Web Edition software today.
For MAX+PLUS II legacy software support, refer to the resources below.
Installation and Licensing
- MAX+PLUS II BASELINE Installation Instructions
- Altera® Software Licensing (Request a license)
- MAX+PLUS II Software Licensing
MAX+PLUS II General Information
- Make the Move from MAX+PLUS II to Quartus II Software
- MAX+PLUS II Development Software Literature (Complete listing)
- MAX+PLUS II Getting Started version 8.1 (PDF)
- MAX+PLUS II Advanced Synthesis (PDF)
- MAX+PLUS II Support Solutions
- ACCESS Key Guidelines for EDA tool support