Table 1 contains downloads for Quartus® II software version 5.0 service pack 2.
Table 1. Download Quartus II Software Version 5.0 Service Pack 2
|Operating System (OS)||Download||File Size|
|Service Pack Installation Instructions||Service Pack 2 for the Quartus II software version 5.0 subscription edition||quartusii_50_sp2_pc.exe||121 MB|
|UNIX Platform-Specific Files|
|Service Pack Installation Instructions||Solaris 2.7 and 2.8 (32-bit version)||quartusii_50sp2_solaris.tar||170 MB|
|Solaris 2.7 and 2.8 (64-bit version)||quartusii_50sp2_solaris64.tar||236 MB|
|Red Hat Linux 7.3, 8.0, and Enterprise 3.0 (32-bit version)||quartusii_50sp2_linux.tar||160 MB|
|Red Hat Linux 7.3, 8.0, and Enterprise 3.0 (64-bit version)||quartusii_50sp2_linux64.tar||210 MB|
|HP-UX 11.0||quartusii_50sp2_hpux.tar||224 MB|
Table 2 shows the system requirements for the Quartus II software version 5.0 service pack 2.
Table 2. Quartus II Software Version 5.0 Service Pack 2 System Requirements
|Operating System||Software Version|
Windows NT 4.0
Solaris 8, 9 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
HP-UX 11.0 (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
|Quartus II software version 5.0
Quartus II software version 5.0 SP1
Service Pack 2 Details
- Adds full programming support for CycloneTM II EP2C5, EP2C8 & EP2C50 devices
- Implements software fix to address the intermittent read failure issue for Stratix® II FPGA M4K memory blocks due to a software configuration error.
- Implements software workaround to address the write error issue for Cyclone II FPGA M4K memory blocks when using dual ports and dual clocks.
For more information regarding the M4K issue for Stratix II and Cyclone II Devices, visit the Stratix II and Cyclone II FPGA M4K Notification page.
The Quartus II software version 5.0 Service Pack 2 includes all of the features and software fixes included in Service Pack 1.
- Adds full programming support for Cyclone II EP2C70 and EP2C20 devices
- Adds pin-out support for the HardCopy® II HC230F1020 device
- Provides final timing models for Stratix II EP2S15, EP2S90, and EP2S130 devices and MAX® II EPM570 and EPM2210 devices
- Includes final power models for MAX II devices
- Resolves issue with SignalTap® II incremental routing errors
- Includes update to Stratix II minimum timing models used for commercial grade devices
- Includes resolution to altsyncram megafunction functionality issue originally fixed in a critical issue patch
The Quartus II software version 5.0 service pack 2 includes all of the software fixes included in the critical issue patches released for version 5.0.
- Resolves issue with incorrect slack and clock skew values being displayed in the System Message window when a "List Path" command is performed from the Timing Analyzer report file.
- Resolves issue with incorrect ALTSYNCRAM megafunction functionality for Cyclone, Cyclone II, Stratix, Stratix II, and Stratix GX device families
If you have a question or problem that is not answered by the information provided here or in the Quartus II Help, contact Altera Applications through the mySupport web site.
Altera's Software Subscription License Agreement governs the installation and use of this software.