Powering Innovation with Altera’s Latest FPGAs and Power Management Solutions
Visit us at APEC to discover how using Altera’s latest FPGAs and power management solutions will help you achieve new levels of power performance and efficiency while minimizing design efforts, reducing cost, and lowering risk of delays to your design schedule. Also learn about Altera's part in integrated energy managment systems. Talk to our experts about FPGA-based state of charge estimation based on Kalman filtering and efficient battery management for grid-tie energy storage systems.
In-booth demos showcasing:
- MIPI CSI-2 with Passive D-PHY Video Connectivity Using Highly Integrated MAX 10 FPGAs and Enpirion® Power Solutions - From embedded vision to driver monitoring systems to human machine interfaces, achieve streaming video with MIPI CSI-2 and Passive D-PHY in a highly flexible yet low power and dense footprint with the MAX® 10 and Enpirion Power Solutions series from Altera, now a part of Intel, and MIPI soft IP from Altera partner Foresys. This demonstration illustrates a scalable platform capable of 30 to 60 frames per second and mirror (flip) function using Altera’s MAX 10 FPGA Development Kit, which features a powerful 50KLE MAX 10 FPGA and a 13W Enpirion total board power supply with a total footprint that is less than 1.7 cm2!
- EN6362 Power Density and Performance , Tiny but Mighty! - See the first in a new generation of smaller, more efficient, higher accuracy low input voltage PowerSoCs with this demonstration of the EN6362QI from the Enpirion Power Solutions series. This 6A PowerSoC offers industry-leading power density of 56 W/cm2 with a total solution of just 170 mm2 that is 45% smaller than other power modules and 75% smaller than most competing discrete (non-integrated) implementations. It offers the highest efficiency of any comparable module, along with superior thermal performance, delivering continuous 6A at 85°C ambient temperature with no de-rating.
- FPGA Based Battery Management System for Smart Grid Stationary Storage - MAX10 FPGA based state of charge (SOC) estimation using a dual extended Kalman filtering algorithm to achieve a small footprint, low latency and single precision floating point battery management system for stationary grid-tie storage.
- “A High Accuracy and High Bandwidth Current Sense Circuit for Digitally Controlled DC-DC Buck Converters” - D.Stack (Altera), A.Kelly (Altera), T.Conway (UL) - Thursday March 24, Track 8, 8:30 am
- “Off-Line identification of digitally controlled power converters using analog Frequency Response Analyzer” -M.Meola (ZMDI/IDT), A.Kelly (Altera) - Thursday March 24th, Track 7, 8:30 am
Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center
300 E. Ocean Blvd, Long Beach CA 90802