myAltera Account Help
Your myAltera account (formerly altera.com account) gives you access to a group of Altera® services that are available online at any time. You can now sign into one location to access all services related to your myAltera account. From your myAltera home page, you can access:
- Your profile: Manage your profile and contact information.
- Your downloads: See your most recent software downloads on the home page. Once you are logged in you can download software, reference designs, and intellectual property (IP).
- Licensing: Get your software, intellectual property (IP), and development kit licenses.
- mySupport: View your recent service requests and access support options, including creating service requests.
- Training: Register for online and instructor-led training. See your training history and upcoming registered classes.
- Email subscriptions: Manage your email subscriptions, including Product Announcements, eNewsletters, and Technical Updates.
- Technical Updates: View your recent customized updates and all Technical Updates.
To register for myAltera follow these steps.
- Go to the myAltera Account Sign In page. Select Create Your myAltera Account, enter your email address, and click Create Account.
If our system finds that you already have an account, you will be asked to login to your account. If you have forgotten your user name, you can request for it to be sent to you. If you have forgotten your password, you can request that a new one be sent to you.
If your email address already exists in our system but you do not have a myAltera account, a confirmation message will be sent to the email address you entered, containing instructions and a hyperlink that will allow you to complete your registration process.
If you do not receive an email, please check your bulk or junk mail folders as some email servers automatically filter email sent from other servers.
- Complete the registration form by filling in all required fields.
- Create your unique User Name and Password. Accept the Terms of Service agreement and click Create Account.
- On successful creation of your myAltera account, you will receive a confirmation email.
With a myAltera account, you can access Altera’s online services at any time to create a service request, sign up for a class, download software, download reference designs and much more.
Tip: When you login to your myAltera account, choose "remember me". This allows you to access your home page and download software without logging in again.
Information submitted through the Website may be directed to any authorized personnel regardless of citizenship. Such information may be subject to U.S. federal, state and/or local regulations relating to export or re-export, including (but not limited to) the Regulations of the U.S. Department of Commerce (EAR) and Department of State( ITAR) relating to the Export of Technical Data. Prior to submitting export controlled information, please notify your support representative as you may be directed to use an export monitored system.
To change your personal information, login to your myAltera account, click on the Manage Profile link on the home page, and modify the appropriate fields. Click the Save and Submit Profile button to save your changes.
Note: If you have an update to your company profile information, please send your request to customer service. You can also find this link at the bottom of the profile form.
If you forgot your myAltera account User Name or Password, you can have the information sent to you by making a request here.
If you experience Altera.com login problems, have questions, or would like to recommend an enhancement to Altera Technical Services, please visit this page for our contact information.
Like all websites, Altera.com schedules routine preventative maintenance. When this takes place, you will see maintenance notifications and messages posted prominently on the login page. Maintenance routines vary depending on the type of maintenance being done, but it will usually take no more than 30 minutes to complete.
For more information on getting started, you can also refer to the "Getting Started With myAltera & mySupport" document.