from Intel Corporation
The low-cost Cyclone® II FPGA Starter Development Kit is ideal if you want to evaluate Intel's high-performance, low-power, 90-nm technology. By using this starter development kit, you will see 60 percent (on average) higher performance and 50 percent (on average) lower power than competing 90-nm, low-cost FPGAs. Several reference designs and demonstrations included in the kit, make for a quick "out-of-the-box" evaulation experience.
The Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit includes the following:
- Intel's easy-to-use Quartus® II design software (web edition)
- 32-bit Nios® II embedded software intellectual property (IP) core (web edition)
- Complete documentation
- Cables and power supply.
Cyclone II FPGAs are perfectly suited as an embedded processor or microcontroller when combined with Intel's 32-bit Nios II embedded processor IP cores. You can add many other functions to the FPGA with additional IP cores available from Altera and its partners.
Additional daughtercards, which plug into the Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit, are available for purchase.
Table 1. Cyclone II FPGA Development Kit Ordering Code & Pricing Information
|Ordering Code||Price||Ordering Information|
|3.6 Inch Digital Panel Kit:
View Intel partner information or order online .
1.3Mega Pixel Digital Camera Kit:
Buyer represents that it is a product developer, software developer or system integrator and acknowledges that this product is an evaluation kit that is not FCC authorized, is made available solely for evaluation and software development, and may not be resold.
Development Kit Contents
The Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit features:
- Cyclone II Starter Development Board
- Cyclone II EP2C20F484C7N device
- USB-BlasterTM download cable (embedded)
- EPCS4 serial configuration device
- 8-Mbyte SDRAM
- 512-Kb SRAM
- 1- to 4-Mbyte flash
- SMA connector (external clock input)
- 24-bit coder/decoder (CODEC)
- Switches and indicators
- Ten switch and four push buttons
- Four, 7-segment displays
- Ten red and eight green LEDs
- VGA, RS-232, and PS/2 ports
- Two 40-pin expansion ports
- SD/MMC socket
- USB cable
- External power supply (optional, but recommended when using kit with additional accessory daughtercards)
- Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit CD-ROM
- Reference designs & demo's targeted for the Cyclone II FPGA Starter development board
- User manual
- Reference guide
- Quartus II Web Edition CD-ROM
- Nios II Web Edition CD-ROM
Table 2. Documents Available for the Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit
Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit, Reference Manual
PDF in English
Cyclone II FPGA Starter Development Kit, Getting Started User Guide
|PDF in English|
Development Board Schematic
PDF in English