- Buyer represents that it is a product developer, software developer or system integrator and acknowledges that this product is an evaluation kit that is not FCC authorized, is made available solely for evaluation and software development, and may not be resold.
- You can purchase optional HSMC interface-compatible daughtercards, adapters, or cables to use with your development kit.
Cyclone III FPGAs and Nios II 32-Bit Soft IP Processor
Cyclone III FPGAs are perfectly suited as embedded processors or microcontrollers when combined with 32-bit embedded processor intellectual property (IP) cores.
You can add many other functions to the Cyclone III FPGA with additional IP cores available from Intel and Intel's partners.
Intel developed the specification for the HSMC, which is based on the Samtec mechanical connector, to define and standardize the interface between optional daughtercards and host boards. This specification outlines both the electrical and mechanical properties of the interface between daughtercard and host. You can also create your own HSMC interface-compatible daughtercards.
Development Kit Contents
The Cyclone III FPGA Starter Development Kit features:
- Cyclone III starter board (see Figure 1)
- Cyclone III EP3C25F324 FPGA
- Embedded USB-Blaster™ circuitry (includes an Intel EPM3128A CPLD) allowing the download of FPGA configuration files via the user's USB port
- Power and analog devices from Linear Technology
- 256 megabits (Mb) of DDR SDRAM
- 1 megabyte (MB) of synchronous SRAM
- 16 MB of Intel P30/P33 flash memory
- 50 MHz onboard oscillator
- Switches and indicators
- Six push buttons in total, four user controlled
- Seven LEDs in total, four user controlled
- Cables and power
- USB cable
- External power supply (U.S. compatible plug with EU and UK adaptors)
- Cyclone III FPGA Starter Kit, contents
- Example designs targeting the Cyclone III FPGA starter board
- Create an FPGA design in one hour
- Power measurements of a Cyclone III FPGA
- A 32-bit soft processor system inside an FPGA
- Complete documentation (see Table 2)
- User guide
- Reference manual
- Board schematic and layout
- Bill of materials (BOM)
- Product and partner information
- Download instructions to receive the latest version of the following software (at no charge):
- Quartus® II Web Edition (FPGA design software)
- ModelSim®-Intel Web Edition (FPGA simulation software from ModelSim)
- Nios II Embedded Design Suite, Evaluation Edition (32-bit microprocessor software)