- Ordering information
- Example processor systems
- Reference designs
- Demonstration designs
- Development kit contents
The Altera® Embedded Systems Development Kit, Cyclone® III Edition is a complete development platform for prototyping embedded systems on Altera’s low-cost, low-power FPGA family (see Figure 1).
This kit is an ideal choice for developers running Linux on the Nios® II processor. Download the Nios II Hardware Reference Design for Linux, Cyclone III (EP3C120) Edition Release R15 to give your design a head start (download .zip file via FTP).
The reference design includes:
- Quartus® II software project file compatible with Quartus II software version 9.0 and later
- Cyclone III FPGA development board design files
- U-boot files
- A Cyclone III FPGA-based board with high-speed mezzanine card (HSMC) connectors to interface to a wide range of daughtercards
- LCD multimedia HSMC to interface to common peripherals such as standard definition (SD) card, LCD color touch panel, etc.
- Multipurpose HSMC for software debugging and developing interfaces for USB 2.0 and Santa Cruz daughtercards
Prebuilt processor systems
- Nios II EP3C120 general-purpose microprocessor system
- Nios II EP3C120 microprocessor system with LCD controller
- Ready-to-run demos for quickly evaluating processor systems, intellectual property (IP), and operating systems
- Example software applications with source code to accelerate software development
This board is, in itself, an embedded system. On power-up, you can load a menu of “ready-to-run” demo applications. When connected to a network port, the Board Update Portal web page is served. From there, you can remotely update the board with a new design. See the user guide for details.
This design is provided as a prebuilt processor system called the Nios II EP3C120 microprocessor system with LCD controller.