Your Best CPLD Value
When you use MAX V devices, you'll enjoy lower total system cost because the MAX V architecture integrates previously external functions, such as flash, RAM, oscillators, and phase-locked loops. MAX V CPLDs deliver a large number of I/Os and logic per footprint. The devices also use low-cost and green packaging technology, with packages as small as 20 mm2.
Lower Total Power
With MAX V CPLDs, you'll get robust new features at up to 50 percent lower total power vs. other equivalent-density CPLDs on the market.
- Extended battery life with static power as low as 45 uW
- As few as one power supply (Vcc-core) required, which also lowers bill of materials (BOM) costs
Built on a mature and low-cost wafer fab process, MAX V CPLDs leverage a proven architecture while delivering robust features including:
- In-system programming (ISP), which lets you program the device while it is in operation, so you can perform in-field updates without affecting overall system operation
- User flash memory, embedded flash memory that provides non-volatile memory storage of critical system information
- Digital PLLs (DPLLs), which enable flexible implementation of designs requiring frequency multiplication or phase shifting
Easy-to-use, Free Design Software
MAX V CPLDs are supported with free Quartus® Prime Lite Edition software. With Quartus Prime software, you'll get productivity enhancements resulting in faster simulation, faster board bring-up, and faster timing closure. This software also comes with a system-level integration tool called Qsys, delivering higher circuit performance while also enabling you to design at a higher level of abstraction.