Three different compiler tool chains are included in the SoC Embedded Development Suite (EDS):
- Bare-metal GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) tool chain from Mentor Graphics*
- Bare-metal compiler
- Linux* GCC compiler tool chain from Linaro
A Graphical User Interface (GUI) that allows you to generate Board Support Package, including:
- Second stage bootloader
- Linux device tree
- Image tools (adding required header to bootloader)
Embedded Command Shell provides an alternative way to invoke tools in the SoC EDS. Some useful commands are:
- eclipse : launch DS-5
- bsp-editor: launch BSP Editor
- jtagconfig: checking JTAG connections
This utility allows you to update the Preloader and/or Bootloader on a physical SD card or a disk image file. The Preloader is typically stored in a custom partition (with type = 0xA2) on the SD card. This utility is done in Embedded Command Shell. Type alt-boot-disk-util --help for usage details.
The Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer and SignalTap™ II logic analyzer are installed with the SoC EDS for FPGA-adaptive debugging.