Multiple compiler tool chains are included in the Intel SoC FPGA Embedded Development Suite (SoC EDS):
- GCC bare-metal tool chain from Mentor Graphics
- ARM* Compiler 5 (bare-metal compiler)
- ARM Compiler 6 (bare-metal compiler)
- Linaro Linux* GCC compiler tool chain
A Graphical User Interface (GUI) that allows you to generate Board Support Package, including:
- Second stage bootloader
- Linux device tree
- Image tools (adding required header to bootloader)
Embedded Command Shell provides an alternative way to invoke tools in the SoC EDS. Some useful commands are:
- eclipse : launch DS-5
- bsp-editor: launch BSP Editor
- jtagconfig: checking JTAG connections
This utility allows you to update the Preloader and/or Bootloader on a physical SD card or a disk image file. The Preloader is typically stored in a custom partition (with type = 0xA2) on the SD card. This utility is done in Embedded Command Shell. Type alt-boot-disk-util --help for usage details.
The Intel® Quartus® Prime Softare Programmer and Signal Tap* logic analyzer are installed with the SoC EDS for FPGA-adaptive debugging.