The incremental optimization capability in the Intel® Quartus® Prime Design Software Pro Edition software offers a fast methodology to converge to design sign-off. The traditional fitter stage is divided into finer stages for more control over the flow in the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition software:
- Plan stage allows legal placement and clock planning, along with timing analysis on preliminary I/O and HSSI to FPGA fabric transfers
- Placement stage enables timing analysis before proceeding to the Route stage. The Placement stage is split into an Early Placement stage and a final placement stage:
- Perform timing analysis after the Early Placement stage while the rest of the flow is still running
- Chip planner provides a visual view of the Early Placement stage
- Route is split into Route and Post-Route stage for faster design convergence.
- 3-corner timing analysis after route and 4-corner timing analysis after post-route reduces compile time
- The post-route stage offers an Engineering Change Order (ECO)-like flow where setup and hold failures are automatically fixed, thus reduces compile time
- High-speed or low-power tile optimization is performed in the Post-Route stage
Online training: Incremental Optimization with the Intel Quartus Prime Pro Edition
- Incremental Optimization
- Watch the new videos for more information on getting started with the Intel Quartus Prime design software
- Compare the different features and download the software
- Intel Quartus Prime Design Software Brochure (PDF)
- Third-party EDA tools
- Training resources to help you learn. There are many online video demos, interactive tutorials, online training, instructor-led training, and virtual classrooms to familiarize yourself with the design tool.