The Arria® GX FPGA family is Altera’s midrange FPGA family with transceivers. With transceiver speeds up to 3.125 Gbps, you can connect existing modules and devices supporting protocols such as PCI Express, Gigabit Ethernet, Serial RapidIO®, SDI, XAUI, and more. The Arria GX FPGA family features Altera’s fourth-generation of transceivers, ensuring excellent signal integrity for your designs.
The Arria GX FPGA transceiver is based on the technology originally developed for Altera's highly successful Stratix® II GX FPGA. Arria GX and Stratix II GX FPGAs are manufactured on a 90-nm process technology and use the same proven FPGA architecture and physical medium attachment (PMA) circuitry. The Arria GX FPGA also includes a subset of the physical coding sublayer (PCS) found on the Stratix II GX FPGA. Combined with flip chip packaging, these features contribute to best-in-class signal integrity for low-cost FPGAs with transceivers.
Software Tools and IP for Optimal Productivity
Altera’s award-winning design software and tools, including Quartus® II software and SOPC Builder, allow you to quickly and painlessly go from concept to finished product. Quartus II software gives you maximum productivity with fast compile times and accurate results. With SOPC Builder, you can seamlessly connect blocks of intellectual property (IP) with a simple and intuitive GUI. In addition, the Timing Analyzer feature in the Quartus II software provides an easy -to-use, ASIC-strength timing analyzer that supports the industry-standard Synopsys Design Constraint (SDC) format.
Worldwide Network of High-Speed Experts
When the time comes to connect devices with high-speed interfaces, you can count on Altera’s broad network of system-level experts. You can request support online via MySupport, where system experts located in our Regional Support Centers (RSCs) and knowledgeable in high-speed serial interfaces answer your help requests. You can also find help locally through our global team of Field Applications Engineers.
Start Designing with Arria GX FPGAs Today
- Download Arria GX FPGA literature, including:
- Arria GX Device Handbook—comprehensive device information and guidelines
- PowerPlay Early Power Estimator User Guide for Arria GX Devices (PDF)
- Design Software Tools and IP Evaluations, including:
- Quartus II Web Edition software (no license required)—Arria GX FPGA support is available when you enable the TalkBack feature
- Nios® II embedded processors (evaluation edition)
- Standard and protocol-based IP cores supporting Arria GX devices
- Arria GX FPGA Signal Integrity Tools, including:
- SPICE simulation models and third-party simulation tool models and design kits