Intel® MAX® 10 FPGAs – Your Control Center
Why have a separate Power Management IC (PMIC) to control your systems, when you can get one Intel® MAX® 10 FPGA that does it all. MAX 10 FPGAs integrate comprehensive Board Management Controller (BMC) capabilities, reducing component count and cost relative to stand-alone solutions.
Many of today’s high-end FPGAs, including Intel Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs and Intel Stratix® 10 FPGAs and SoCs, have multiple power rails that need to be turned on a in a specific order and monitored during runtime to ensure proper device operation. Whether the power supplies used for these FGPAs are controlled by simple digital I/O or leverage the more advanced PMBus control interface, MAX 10 FPGAs are well equipped to sequence and monitor these power supplies.
Benefits of using MAX 10 FPGAs over PMICs:
Integrated analog and instant on
- More efficient power up sequencing, monitoring, and power down sequencing
- Supports both GPIO controlled and PMBus based power supplies
- Large number analog inputs allows for the monitoring of multiple rails
- Supports data logging capabilities to better track abnormal board behavior (i.e. temperature, power rail fluctuations)
Integrated temperature sense diode
- Removes the need for external temperature sensors
- Use data logging to reduce repair costs and quickly know what went wrong
- Predict board failures before they happen
- By watching performance trends (voltage rail or thermal) failing boards can be identified before they fail, increasing system up time.
Proven reference designs reduce time to market
Examples of MAX 10 BMC solutions available today from Reflex and Nallatech