The Intel FPGA DDR3 SDRAM High-Performance Controller MegaCore® functions provide simplified interfaces to industry-standard DDR3 SDRAM devices and modules. The MegaCore functions work in conjunction with the Intel FPGA ALTMEMPHY physical interface megafunction. These DDR3 SDRAM MegaCore functions offer a half-rate interface to the customer application logic.
- Flexible architecture
- Industry-standard DDR3 SDRAM device and module support
- Ability to bolt onto the ALTMEMPHY physical interface megafunction for a complete DDR3 solution
- Feature rich
- Optional user-controlled refresh support
- Power-up calibrated on-chip termination (OCT)
- Integrated error correction coding (ECC) functionality
- Ease of use
- SOPC Builder support
- Optional Avalon® Memory-Mapped local interface
- OpenCore Plus evaluation support
- Includes MegaWizard® Plug-In Manager interface
- Intellectual property (IP) functional simulation modules for use in Intel FPGA-supported VHDL and Verilog HDL simulators
The MegaWizard Plug-In Manager generates an example design that instantiates an example driver and your DDR3 SDRAM high-performance controller custom variation. The example design is a fully functional design that can be simulated, synthesized, and used in hardware. The example driver is a self-test module that issues read and write commands to the controller and checks the read data to produce the pass/fail and test complete signals.