ER3105DI: 500 mA Step-Down DC-DC Switching Regulator
- 0.5A continuous output current over the industrial temperature range
- Integrated MOSFETs
- Synchronous operation for high efficiency
- Selectable light load mode or forced PWM mode at light loads
- Minimal external components required
- Overcurrent protection
- Power good signal
- Programmable soft start
- 12-pin 4 mm x 3 mm x 1 mm DFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® ER3105DI is a synchronous step-down converter with integrated MOSFETs packaged in a 4 mm x 3 mm DFN package. The ER3105DI has a wide input voltage range of 3V to 36V and can support a continuous 0.5A load over the industrial temperature range of -40ºC to 85ºC. Because of the integrated MOSFETs, the ER3105DI provides an easy to use, high efficiency BOM count.
The ER3105DI features a light load mode for improved efficiency at light load currents. The light load mode can be disabled if PWM mode is preferred. In addition, the ER3105DI has the ability to utilize either internal or external compensation. By integrating the MOSFETs and providing internal configuration options, minimal external components are required, reducing BOM count and design complexity.
With the wide input voltage range and reduced BOM, the ER3105DI is an excellent solution for low current FPGA rails because of its small size and high power conversion efficiency.