EV1340QI: 5A PowerSoC Step-Down Converter for DDR Memory VTT
- Integrated inductor
- 5A continuous output current (sourcing and sinking)
- No airflow or heat sink required at maximum load over industrial temperature range (-40o to +85oC)
- 1.0V to 1.8V input range
- Superior noise and ripple performance, exceeding VTT requirements
- Scaled version of VDDQ applied directly to VREF
- Output voltage tracks VDDQ ±1%
- Nominal 1.5 MHz operating frequency
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Power good signal
- Outstanding power density
- 5.5 mm x 10.0 mm x 3.0 mm QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
Increasing the number and capacity of memory modules in enterprise products such as servers is creating the need for high-efficiency voltage termination (VTT) solutions to minimize power loss. This needs to be achieved within a smaller PCB footprint, while still meeting the DDR2/DDR3/DDR4 requirements for tracking accuracy and AC + DC regulation.
The Intel® Enpirion® EV1340QI 5A high-efficiency memory termination voltage step-down converter, designed for VTT applications, provides an excellent combination of solution size and efficiency. This switch-mode DC-DC converter is a complete power system on a chip (PowerSoC), integrating the inductor, power switches, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5.5 mm x 10.0 mm x 3.0 mm QFN package. The EV1340QI also offers 91% efficiency.
With the power requirements increasing on the VTT rail, it is especially critical to use DC-DC converters that offer the best combination of solution size and efficiency. The EV1340QI helps to dramatically reduce power loss without sacrificing PCB area.