EZ6301QI: Triple-Output PowerSoC With 1.5A DC-DC Step-Down Switching Converter And Two 300 mA LDOs
- Increased power density
- Excellent conversion efficiency up to 96%†
- Optimized total solution size of 120 mm2
- Pin- and PCB-compatible with the EZ6303QI multi-output PowerSoC
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature for each output
- Independent input voltages and programmable output voltages
- Independent output enables and Power OK
- Precision enable for sequencing
- Programmable soft-start (DC-DC)
- Output voltage pre-bias startup protection for smooth monotonic startup
- Thermal, over-current, short-circuit, and under-voltage protections
The Intel® Enpirion® EZ6301QI device is a scalable multi-output PowerSoC that integrates three independent power supplies: one 1.5A DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor, and two 300mA low drop-out (LDO) linear regulators. The EZ6301QI is available in a small 4 mm x 7 mm QFN package that delivers outstanding power density and ease of use.
The EZ6301QI is defined and developed to deliver a small solution for three different power rails while still ensuring that each power channel operates independently from the others. Each power channel operates with an independent input voltage, programmable output voltage, output enable, and power OK signal, which makes the device suitable for applications with strict sequencing requirements even if all three channels are in separate sequencing groups. Adding additional design flexibility, the EZ6301QI is pin compatible with the EZ6303QI, which is a 2.2A DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor and two 300mA LDO regulators. This scalability provides designers with the ability to replace one device with the other without having to spin the printed circuit board (PCB) should their power requirements change.
Each output of the EZ6301QI can deliver the full rated current over the industrial operating temperature range without any de-rating. Because of its high level of integration, the EZ6301QI is a power supply system that is designed, characterized, and qualified as a system, which results in a low risk solution with excellent failure in time (FIT) rates. The EZ6301QI reduces the number of components required in the system and improves the system reliability versus discrete power supply solutions.
† As measured using the EZ6301QI evaluation board. Tests measure performance of components on a particular test, in specific systems. Differences in hardware, software, or configuration will affect actual performance. Consult other sources of information to evaluate performance as you consider your purchase.