EN2342QI: 4A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor, MOSFETs, and controller
- Guaranteed 4A IOUT at 85°C with no airflow or heatsink
- High efficiency (up to 95%)
- 1% initial accuracy; 2% accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Input voltage range: 4.5V to 14.0V
- Output voltage range: 0.75V to 5.0V
- Frequency synchronization (external clock)
- Output enable pin and power good signal
- Programmable soft-start
- Under-voltage lockout protection
- Over-current and short-circuit protection
- Thermal shutdown protection
- 8.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 3.0 mm 68-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The EN2342QI is a 12V DC-DC step-down converter from the Intel® Enpirion® Power Solutions family. When combined with the 5V and 6V step-down converters, designers of telecommunications, enterprise, storage systems, and industrial and embedded computing equipment have the broadest choice of integrated power management solutions for optimizing footprint and reliability in point-of-load applications without compromising efficiency, noise, or thermals.
The EN2342QI capitalizes on Intel's proven PowerSoC technology which integrates the MOSFET switches, small signal control circuits, compensation, and inductor in an 8 x 11 mm QFN package.
The EN2342QI is pin compatible with the prior generation EN2340QI, making it very easy to migrate new designs to the feature-enhanced EN2342QI. The EN2342QI operates over a wide input voltage range and is specifically designed to meet the precise voltage and fast transient requirements of high-performance products such as Altera’s family of FPGAs.
The EN2342QI significantly helps in system design and productivity by offering greatly simplified board design, layout, and manufacturing requirements. With a total solution size of <200 mm2, the EN2342QI is an ideal solution for space-constrained designs that cannot sacrifice performance.