The EN5312QI is not recommended for new designs; it can be replaced with the EN5311QI.
EN5312QI: 1A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 1A continuous output current
- 2.4 V to 6.6 V input range
- Up to 94% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires only two 0805 multilayer ceramic filter capacitors (MLCC)
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 4.0 mm x 5.0 mm x 1.1 mm QFN20 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5312QI is a 1A DC-DC step-down (buck) converter with integrated inductor that achieves a total solution footprint of only 36 mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system on a chip (PowerSoC), the EN5312QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 5 mm x 4 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5312QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels; or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.