EN5319QI: 1.5A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Pin compatible with EN5329QI (2A) and EN5339QI (3A) PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converters
- Integrated inductor
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- High efficiency; up to 95% peak
- 1.5A continuous output current
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- 3.2 MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- Simple resistor divider VOUT programming
- Power good signal
- 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 1.1 mm low-profile 24-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5319QI is part of a pin-compatible family of low-profile, high-efficiency synchronous DC-DC step-down (buck) converters. Pin compatibility provides a single solution footprint, enabling a scalable, copy-and-paste solution for embedded computing, FPGAs, ASICs, and embedded processors.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EN5319QI integrates the inductor, controller, power MOSFETs, gate drive, and loop compensation in a tiny 4 mm x 6 mm x 1.1 mm package with a total solution footprint of only 50 mm2. The 1.1 mm height and small footprint allow use of this part in space-constratined applications.
The simple design and brief external bill of materials (BOM) enable fast time to market. The loop compensation can be adjusted to accommodate a range of output filter capacitor requirements. Unlike discrete power products, Enpirion’s turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified.