EN5329QI: 2A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Pin-compatible with EN5319QI (1.5A) and EN5339QI (3A) PowerSoCs
- Integrated inductor
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- High efficiency; up to 95% peak
- 2A continuous output current
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- 3.2 MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- Simple resistor divider VOUT programming
- Power good signal
- 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 1.1 mm low-profile QFN24 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5329QI is part of a pin-compatible family of low-profile, high-efficiency synchronous step-down converters. Pin compatibility provides a single solution footprint enabling a scalable, copy-and-paste solution for embedded computing, FPGAs, ASICs, and embedded processors.
The simple design and small external bill of materials (BOM) enable fast time to market.
The loop compensation can be adjusted to accommodate a range of output filter capacitor requirements. Unlike discrete power products, this turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EN5329QI integrates the inductor, controller, power MOSFETs, gate drive, and loop compensation in a tiny 4 mm x 6 mm x 1.1 mm package with a total solution footprint of only 50 mm2. The 1.1 mm height and small footprint enables the use of this part where space and available height is at a premium.