EN5337QI: 3A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 3A continuous output current capability
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- 92% peak efficiency
- Low voltage ripple and noise
- External clock synchronization to eliminate or move beat frequencies out of band
- 5 MHz operating frequency
- VOUT accuracy of 3% over line, load, and temperature
- Programmable soft start
- Output enable and power good signal
- Pin-compatible with the EN6337QI (3A) and EN6347QI (4A)
- 4.0 mm x 7.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN38 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5337QI DC-DC step-down (buck) converter achieves a total solution footprint of only 75 mm2, without compromising efficiency. The input synchronization feature makes the EN5337QI a good solution for systems that are sensitive to beat tones. Requiring as few as six external components, the EN5337QI allows for easy design, while reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5337QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 4 mm x 7 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium. The EN5337QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value. In addition, the EN5337QI is pin-to-pin compatible with the EN6337QI (3A) and EN6347QI (4A) PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converters, which lets you build in design tunability for various load requirements.
The EN5337QI is an excellent choice for applications that are sensitive to noise, voltage ripple, and beat frequencies.