EN5339QI: 3A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Pin compatible with EN5319QI (1.5A) and EN5329QI (2A) PowerSoCs
- Integrated inductor
- Low profile: 1.1 mm height
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- High efficiency; up to 95% peak
- 3A continuous output current
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- 3.2 MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- Simple resistor divider VOUT programming
- Power good signal
- 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 1.1 mm low-profile 24-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5339QI is part of a pin-compatible family of low-profile, high-efficiency synchronous DC-DC step-down converters. Pin compatibility provides a single solution footprint enabling a scalable, copy-and-paste solution for embedded computing, FPGAs, ASICs, and embedded processors.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EN5339QI integrates the inductor, controller, power MOSFETs, gate drive, and loop compensation in a tiny 4.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 1.1 mm package with a total solution footprint of only 55 mm2. The 1.1 mm height and small footprint enable the use of this part where space and available height is at a premium.
The simple design and small external bill of material (BOM) enable fast time to market. The loop compensation can be adjusted to accommodate a range of output filter capacitor requirements. Unlike discrete power products, this turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified.