EN5364QI: 6A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- Outstanding power density
- 2.4 V to 6.6 V input range
- 93% peak efficiency
- Pin compatible with the EN5394QI (9A)
- Output voltage margining
- 4 MHz operating frequency with the ability to synchronize to an external system clock or other EN5364QIs
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/slave configuration for paralleling up to four EN5364QI DC-DC converters for greater power output
- Precision enable pin for accurate sequencing of power converters
- Power good signal
- Programmable phase delay for lower input and output voltage ripple
- 8.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN68 package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5364QI DC-DC step-down converter achieves a total solution footprint of only 160 mm2 without compromising efficiency. It has a unique set of features to facilitate ease of use in systems that are sensitive to beat tones.
Requiring as few as six external components, the EN5364QI allows for easy design, while reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5364QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 8 mm x 11 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium.
The EN5364QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user-defined value. Since it is pin compatible with our 9A EN5394QI, designers may transition seamlessly to the higher-power EN5394QI if system power requirements increase.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.