EN5396QI: 9A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- Up to 30W continuous output power
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- Up to 93% peak efficiency
- Excellent transient response, low ripple
- Requires as few as four multilayer ceramic filter capacitors (MLCC)
- External resistor divider for setting the output voltage
- 10.0 mm x 12.0 mm x 1.85 mm, QFN58 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EN5396QI is a 9A DC-DC step-down converter that achieves a total solution footprint of only 282 mm2 without compromising efficiency. Requiring as few as five external components, the EN5396QI allows for easy design, while reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EN5396QI is a complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), integrating the power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 10 mm x 12 mm package. The 1.85 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium.
The EN5396QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels; or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This product is an excellent choice for space-constrained and noise-sensitive applications.