EN6340QI: 4A High-Efficiency PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Increased power density
- Excellent conversion efficiency up to 95%†
- Pin and PCB compatible with the EN6363QI (6A)
- Optimized total solution size of 60mm2
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Precision enable for sequencing
- Programmable soft-start
- Output voltage pre-bias startup protection for smooth monotonic startup
- Thermal, over-current, short circuit, reverse current limit, and under-voltage protection
- 4.0mm x 6.0mm x 2.5mm 34-pin QFN package
- RoHS compliant, MSL level 3, 260°C reflow
The Intel® Enpirion® EN6340QI, a scalable 4A high-efficiency DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor, delivers an outstanding combination of power density and conversion efficiency. The EN6340QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a small 4.0mm x 6.0mm QFN package. The optimized total solution size is 60mm2.
The EN6340QI is pin-compatible and scalable with the 6A EN6363QI. This gives designers the ability to move to a 6A solution if they find they need more than 4A for the application without having to change their PCB design. Excellent conversion efficiency enables the EN6340QI to deliver 4A continuous operating current across the full industrial operating temperature range.
Because of its high level of integration, the EN6340QI is a power supply system that is designed, characterized, and qualified as a system resulting in a low risk solution with excellent failure in time (FIT) rates. The EN6340QI will dramatically improve the system reliability versus discrete power supply solutions.
† As measured using the EN6340QI evaluation board. Tests measure performance of components on a particular test, in specific systems. Differences in hardware, software, or configuration will affect actual performance. Consult other sources of information to evaluate performance as you consider your purchase.