EN6360QA: AEC-Q100 8A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- AEC-Q100 automotive grade qualified
- Integrated inductor
- Outstanding power density
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- 2.5V to 6.6V input range
- 8A continuous output current capability
- 96% peak efficiency
- 2% output voltage accuracy over line, load, temp
- External voltage reference pin
- Low ripple and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Programmable frequency for performance tuning
- Clock synchronization to external system clock or other Intel® Enpirion® products
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/slave configuration for paralleling several EN6360QAs for greater power output
- Output enable and power good signals
- 8.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 3.0 mm QFN68 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel Enpirion EN6360QA is AEC-Q100 automotive grade qualified to operate at -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range. This high-efficiency 8A DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor achieves a total solution footprint of only 190 mm2 while showcasing excellent power efficiency over the entire operating temperature range.
A complete power system-on-a chip (PowerSoC), the EN6360QA integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 8 mm x 11 mm package. The small footprint also enables the use of this part where space is at a premium, but where compromise in efficiency and power supply noise is not permitted.
Unlike discrete power products, this point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified. The EN6360QA utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user-defined value.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, while delivering superb efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.