EN6362QI: 6A High-Efficiency PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Increased power density
- Excellent conversion efficiency up to 96%
- Optimized Total Solution Size of 160 mm2
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature
- Precision enable for sequencing
- Programmable soft-start
- Thermal, over-current, short circuit, reverse current limit, and under-voltage protections
- Pin compatible with the EN6382QI (8A)
The Intel® Enpirion® EN6362QI is a 6A high efficiency DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductor that delivers an outstanding combination of power density and conversion efficiency. The EN6362QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a small 8 x 8 mm QFN package.
Because of its high level of integration, the EN6362QI is a power supply system that is designed, characterized, and qualified as a system resulting in a low risk solution with industry best FIT rates. The EN6362QI will dramatically improve the system reliability versus discrete power supply solutions.
Excellent conversion efficiency enables the EN6362QI to deliver 6A continuous operating current across the full industrial operating temperature range. It is pin-compatible with the EN6382QI 8A PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converter, enabling easy design scalability if system power requirements change. The EN6362QI is designed to meet the precise voltage and fast transient requirements of high performance FPGAs, ASICs, DSPs, and processors within a total solution size of 160 mm2.