EN63A0QA: AEC-Q100 12A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- AEC-Q100 Automotive grade qualified
- Integrated inductor
- Outstanding power density
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- 2.5V to 6.6V input range
- 12A continuous output current capability
- 96% peak efficiency
- 2% output voltage accuracy over line, load, temp
- External voltage reference pin
- Low ripple and electromagnetic interference (EMI)
- Programmable frequency for performance tuning
- Clock synchronization to external system clock or other Intel® Enpirion® DC-DC step-down converters
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/slave configuration for paralleling several EN63A0QAs for greater power output
- Output enable and power good signals
- 10.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 3.0 mm QFN68 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel Enpirion EN63A0QA is a high-efficiency DC-DC step-down converter that is AEC-Q100 automotive grade qualified to operate at -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range. The device showcases a total solution footprint of only 225 mm2 and excellent power efficiency over the entire operating temperature range, achieving a power density of 113 W/in2.
A complete power system-on-a chip (PowerSoC), the EN63A0QA integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 10 mm x 11 mm package. The small footprint also enables the use of this part where space is at a premium, but where compromise in efficiency and power supply noise is not permitted.
Unlike discrete power products, the Enpirion turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified. The EN63A0QA utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint. It also delivers superb efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.