EN63A0QI: 12A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- Outstanding power density
- 2.5V to 6.6V input range
- 12A continuous output current capability
- 96% peak efficiency
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over load and temperature
- External voltage reference pin
- Low ripple and electromagnetic interference (EMI) (CISPR 22 Class B compliant)
- Programmable frequency for performance tuning
- Clock synchronization to external system clock or other Intel® Enpirion® DC-DC step-down converters
- Monotonic output voltage ramp during start-up with pre-bias loads
- Master/slave configuration for paralleling several EN63A0QIs for greater power output
- Output enable and power good signals
- 10.0 mm x 11.0 mm x 3.0 mm QFN68 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel Enpirion EN63A0QI is a high-efficiency DC-DC step-down converter with integrated inductorthat achieves a power density of 113 W/in2. The device showcases a total solution footprint of only 225 mm2 and excellent power efficiency over the entire operating temperature range.
A complete power system-on-a chip (PowerSoC), the EN63A0QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and loop compensation in a tiny 10 mm x 11 mm package. The small footprint also enables the use of this part where space is at a premium, but where compromise in efficiency and power supply noise is NOT permitted.
Unlike discrete power products, the Enpirion turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated, and production qualified. The EN63A0QI utilizes an external resistor divider to set the output voltage to any user defined value.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint. It also delivers superb efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.