EP5358HUA/LUA: 600 mA PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- AEC-Q100 Qualified for automotive applications
- Integrated inductor
- -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range
- 600 mA continuous output current
- Total solution footprint as small as 14 mm2
- High efficiency up to 93%
- Low output ripple; 4 mVP-P typical, for RF compatibility
- Fast transient response
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- 2.5 mm x 2.25 mm x 1.1 mm, QFN16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line
The Intel® Enpirion® EP5358HUA/LUA are 600 mA PowerSoC DC-DC step-down (buck) converters that are AEC-Q100 automotive grade qualified to operate at -40°C to +105°C operating temperature range. These devices achieve a total solution footprint as small as 14 mm2 without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5358HUA/LUA integrate power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a tiny 2.5 mm x 2.25 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enable use of this part when space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of-load solution requires only two tiny mulitlayer ceramic chip (MLCC) capacitors, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EP5358HUA/LUA utilize a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This step-down converter power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.