EP5368QI: 600 mA Power SoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 600 mA continuous output current for -40°C to +85°C
- 700 mA continuous output current for 0°C to +85°C
- Total solution footprint as small as 21 mm2
- High efficiency up to 92%
- Low ripple voltage; 4 mVP-P typical, for RF compatibility
- Fast transient response
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- 3.0 mm x 3.0 mm x 1.1 mm, QFN16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line
The Intel® Enpirion® EP5368QI is a 600 mA DC-DC step-down (buck) converter with integrated inductor that achieves a total solution footprint of only 21 mm2, without compromising efficiency.
A complete power system-on-a-chip (PowerSoC), the EP5368QI integrates power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a tiny 3 mm x 3 mm package. The 1 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, this point-of-load solution requires only two external components, reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain.
The EP5368QI utilizes a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
This power management IC is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.