EP53A7HQI/LQI: 1A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- 21 mm2 total solution footprint
- Low solution profile, 1.1 mm
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- High efficiency; up to 94% peak
- High light load efficiency
- 55 µA quiescent current
- 1A continuous output current
- 1 µA supply current in shutdown
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- Pin compatible with EP53A8HQI/LQI 1A point-of-load PowerSoC DC-DC step-down converters
- 5 MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- 3-pin VID VOUT programming
- Resistor divider VOUT programming option
- 3.0 mm x 3.0 mm x 1.1 mm QFN16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and halogen free
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EP53A7HQI/LQI are 1A point-of-load DC-DC step-down (buck) converters. These power system-on-a-chips (PowerSoCs) integrate MOSFET switches, control, compensation, and the inductor in an advanced 3 mm x 3 mm QFN package. Integrated magnetics enable a tiny solution footprint, low output ripple, low part-count, and high reliability, while maintaining high efficiency.
The complete solution can be implemented in a footprint as small as 21 mm2.
A proprietary light load mode (LLM) in this synchronous step-down converter provides high efficiency in light load conditions. The EP53A7HQI/LQI use a 3-pin VID to easily select the output voltage setting. Output voltage settings are available in two optimized ranges, providing coverage for typical VOUT settings. The VID pins can be changed on the fly for fast dynamic voltage scaling. The EP53A7LQI also has the option to use an external voltage divider.
The EP53A7HQI/LQI offer an optimal combination of a very small solution footprint and advanced performance features – high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, and high reliability.