EP53A8HQI/LQI: 1A PowerSoC DC-DC Step-Down Converter
- Integrated inductor
- -40°C to +85°C operating temperature range
- 1A continuous output current
- Total solution footprint as small as 21 mm2
- High efficiency up to 94%
- Low ripple voltage; 4 mVP-P typical for RF compatibility
- Fast transient response
- 3-pin VID output voltage programming
- 2.4V to 5.5V input range
- 3.0 mm x 3.0 mm x 1.1 mm, QFN16 package
- Fully RoHS compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line
The Intel® Enpirion® EP53A8HQI/LQI are 1A, 5 MHz DC-DC step-down (buck) converters with integrated inductors that achieve a total solution footprint as small as 21 mm2, without compromising efficiency.
Complete power system-on-a-chips (PowerSoCs), the EP53A8HQI/LQI integrate power switches, inductor, gate drive, controller, and compensation in a tiny 3 mm x 3 mm package. The 1.1 mm profile and small footprint enable the use of this part where space is at a premium. In addition, these point-of-load solutions require only two tiny multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCC), reducing the overall solution cost and simplifying the supply chain. The EP53A8LQI also has the option to use an external voltage divider.
The EP53A8HQI/LQI utilize a 3-pin VID output voltage selector that allows the designer to choose one of seven pre-defined output voltage levels, or an external voltage divider can be employed to set the output voltage.
These power management ICs is an excellent choice for low-power applications that require a small solution footprint, high efficiency, exceptional thermal performance, low noise, high reliability, and ease of use.