ES1021QI: 4-Channel Power Supply Sequencer
- Enables arbitrary turn-on and turn-off sequencing of up to four power supplies (0.7V to 5V)
- Dual channel groupings
- Operates from 1.5V to 5V supply voltage
- Supplies VDD +5.3V of charge pumped gate drive
- Glitch immunity
- Undervoltage lockout for each supply
- Low ENABLE input
- 4.0 mm x 4.0 mm x 1.0 mm 24-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® ES1021QI is an integrated 4-channel controlled-on/controlled-off power supply sequencer with supply monitoring, fault protection and a “sequence completed” signal (RESET). For larger systems, more than 4 supplies can be sequenced by simply connecting a wire between the SYSRESET pins of the cascaded ICs.
The ES1021QI has two groups of two channels, each with its own independent I/O. It is ideal for for voltage sequencing into redundant capability loads. All four inputs must be satisfied before turn-on, but a single group fault is ignored by the other group.
The ES1021QI uses a charge pump to drive four external low-cost NFET switch gates above the supply rail by 5.3V. External resistors provide flexible voltage threshold programming of monitored rail voltages. Delay and sequencing are provided by external capacitors for ramp-up and ramp-down.