EC7401QI: 4-Phase PWM Controller with 8-Bit DAC Code
- ±1% system accuracy over load, line, and temperature
- 8-bit VID input with selectable VR11 code and extended VR10 code at 6.25 mV per bit
- Thermal monitoring
- Integrated programmable temperature compensation
- Over-current protection
- Over-voltage protection
- 2-, 3-, or 4-phase operation
- Adjustable switching frequency up to 1 MHz per phase
- 6.0 mm x 6.0 mm x 0.9 mm 40-pin QFN package
- Fully RoHS-compliant and Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
The Intel® Enpirion® EC7401QI is a 4-phase pulse-width modulation (PWM) controller that drives up to four synchronous-rectified step-down channels in parallel. It supports an 8-bit VID input with selectable VR11 digital-to-analog converter (DAC) code and extended VR10 DAC code at 6.25 mV per bit. This interface can be used with FPGAs such as Intel® Arria® 10 to implement the SmartVID feature and improve FPGA static power consumption.
The EC7401QI offers precision current sensing which provides the needed signals for precision droop, channel-current balancing, and over-current protection. This PWM controller implements a programmable internal temperature compensation function to effectively compensate for the temperature coefficient of the current sense element.