The EZ6301QI and EZ6303QI are highly integrated multi-output PowerSoCs designed to make power design easier. The EZ6301QI has a single 1.5A DC-DC switching converter output and two 300mA low-dropout (LDO) linear regulator outputs. The EZ6303QI has a single 2.2A DC-DC switching converter output and two 300mA LDO outputs. These multi-output devices deliver excellent power density and provide the designer with the flexibility to switch one for the other without having to spin the PCB if their power requirements change. The EZ6301QI and EZ6303QI outputs are independent, which enables one multi-output PowerSoC to replace three separate power converter devices. Reducing the number of separate power converters in a system can dramatically improve system level reliability.
Key features include:
- Increased power density
- Excellent conversion efficiency up to 96%
- Optimized total solution size of 120 mm2
- Pin and PCB compatible
- 1.5% output voltage accuracy over line, load, and temperature for each output
- Independent input voltages and programmable output voltages
- Independent output enables and power OK
- Precision enable for sequencing
- Programmable soft-start (DC-DC)
- Output voltage pre-bias startup protection for smooth monotonic startup
- Thermal, over-current, short circuit, and under-voltage protections
The EN6340QI and EN6363QI PowerSoCs are full featured power management products optimized to deliver excellent conversion efficiency, low output voltage ripple, fast load transient response, and tight output voltage accuracy – all within a tiny total solution size of only 60mm2. The EN6340QI and EN6363QI are pin- and PCB-compatible, which offers designers the flexibility to scale up to the EN6363QI (6A) if more current is needed, or scale down to the EN6340QI (4A) for lower power needs and to lower cost. Both solutions deliver the full rated current at 85°C without any thermal derating.
Key features include:
- Pin compatible, scalable 4A and 6A PowerSoC options
- Excellent combination of performance and total solution size - only 60 mm2
- Tight output voltage accuracy and low output voltage ripple
- Excellent EMI performance - passes CISPR 22 Class B requirements
The EN6362 and EN6382 PowerSoCs are scalable solutions that deliver ultra-small solutions without sacrificing performance. Because the EN6362 and EN6382 are pin-compatible, they offer designers the flexibility to optimize for cost if 6A is sufficient for the design, or scale a design if 8A is required. Both the EN6362 and EN6382 offer an incredibly small 160 mm2 total solution size, saving valuable PCB space and cost. Like all Intel® Enpirion® PowerSoCs, the EN6362 and EN6382 are designed and manufactured as a complete power system which results in very low failures in time (FIT) rates and dramatically improves system reliability.
Key features include:
- Pin-compatible, scalable 6A and 8A PowerSoCs options
- Excellent combination of performance and small solution size - only 160 mm2
- Tight output voltage accuracy and low output ripple
- Fast load transient performance
The EM2120, EM2130, and EM2140 are a family of pin-compatible 20A, 30A, and 40A fully digital DC-DC step-down converters designed to address growing FPGA and embedded system power challenges. This family of products delivers the power performance, programmability, telemetry, efficiency, and power density needed to get the most out of high-performance embedded systems – with the same simplicity and ease of use that is standard with all Enpirion PowerSoCs.
- Scalable, pin-compatible 20A, 30A, and 40A PowerSoCs
- Programmable and intelligent: digital control architecture and PMBus* version 1.2 compatible communication interface with telemetry and system health monitoring
- Highly efficient with no thermal de-rating
- <0.5% accuracy and <1% ripple exceed FPGA steady-state power requirements†
- <3% transient deviation exceeds FPGA dynamic power requirements†
- Small 360 mm2 total solution size
Powering Intel Arria® 10 FPGAs and SoCs is made easy with a Power Solution Reference Design featuring Intel Enpirion Power Solutions. Designed and validated by Intel, this design achieves excellent power performance and high overall board power density.
This design delivers:
- A complete Arria 10 FPGA or SoC power solution, scalable for 20W to 40W Arria 10 core voltage (VCC) designs
- ±8.7 mV steady-state Arria 10 VCC accuracy†
- <±2% Arria 10 VCC deviation during load transient†
Visit the Arria 10 Power Reference Design page to download the design schematics and bench validation results.
† Tests measure performance of components on a particular test, in specific systems. Differences in hardware, software, or configuration will affect actual performance. Consult other sources of information to evaluate performance as you consider your purchase. For more complete information about performance and benchmark results, visit www.intel.com/benchmarks.